Saturday, March 03, 2012

Newsflash!


I am a woman. With that being said, I have alot of opinions about all the issues being brought up about women's health care in the Presidental election. In a nutshell, this photo represents what I think about it all.

Now, truth be told, I didn't know who Sen. Judy Eason McIntyre was from Adam. But, I liked her immediately when I ran across this photo. Because it says what I want to say but can't.

Being a bartender in DC, I am not able to divulge which side of the fence I am on to my customers because I would not be able to make a living. (Bartender rule #1: Never appear to pick a side on the subjects of politics, religion or abortion. NEVER, EVER.) If you choose to, and you win the battle; you lose the war. Which is your tip. Which is 100% of your income in most cases.

This is true for most bartenders that make anywhere from 2.13$/hr to 7.25$/hr which only covers your taxes, ss, etc. There is nothing left over & we receive a check every two weeks with the words "This Is Not A Check" stamped across it. And on a side note: that freaks me out whenever I sit and think about it. What if I wake up tomorrow & I have no personality & hate all people? Most of the people I deal with are very nice; but, what if I lose the capability to stomach the small percentage of assholes I DO deal with & accidentally on purpose stab one of them with my wine key? Sure, it would be a superficial wound; but there would probably be lawyers & lawsuits involved.

peace....for only as long as it takes me to think about what I want to say about Rush.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?