Saturday, October 02, 2010

Sighting.....



So....I'm having a very crappy shift. People are not being as nice as they should. Considering that they are having a bad day & I am the one in control of the alcohol. My bar is packed & there is no available place to sit. This guy walks up to the service end of the bar and kind of stands there. He's not really trying to get my attention; just trying to stay out of the way of all the other craziness going on. I asked him what he would like & he orders a chardonnay, pays his tab, tips me big, & moves away. Now, when he first walked up, in my head, I said, "That's a really small guy". Not Little Person small; but small. In either case, he found a seat & sat there enjoying his wine. Next thing, he's approached by someone that asks to take a pic w/ him. Then approached by people asking for autographs & more pics. And he's got the prettiest girls in the room trying to get next to him. I was at a loss. I had no idea who he was. He came up to the bar again to order another wine & he just floored me with an incredible smile. At that point I just loved him w/out knowing who he was. I just knew he was a very kind person. I saw a gentleman at my bar speak to him & I asked, "Who's smiley?". "That's Calvin Borel. He won the Derby". OMG. Every now and again I have a person unintentionally make my day. It's never been a Derby winner. Good Times!

Comments:
Great post....You made my day!
Regards....
C.... :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?