Monday, September 27, 2010

"Runaways"

I was a huge Runaways fan. Girls roughly my age (16) forming a rock band? And becoming the first all-girl hard-rock band EVER? A distinction given to them by Rolling Stone Magazine.

I was all over it. And I think I can say, without argument, that no all-girl band has done it since. With that being said; watching the movie was, well, uncomfortable. I liked Kristen Stewart as Jett. I only know her from the vamp movies. I struggled with Dakota as Cherie.

I thought she did an amazing job; but, her last movie was "The Secret Life of Bees". A far cry from the coke-snorting bi-curious voyeur she played as Cherie. I know that she tipped the scales when she did "Hound Dog", but it was really hard to watch her in this role. I kept wanting to tell her to put her clothes on.

In the big picture, it's a pr dream. The movie pretty much went straight to video. But, I think it will be Dakota's cross-over to being seen as a serious adult actress. She won't be one of those kid actresses you never hear of again. Mark my words.

peace

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?