Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Stop The Madness...

that is the habit of radio stations thinking it's OK to use emergency sirens as sound effects!! This is something that has driven me crazy since I have lived in the DC Metro area.

Case in point: I'm driving to work in an area ranked #3 for worse traffic in the nation listening to the radio. I've got a kung-fu grip on the steering wheel because every car around me is a potential weapon. Keep in mind that this is not because I'm paranoid. Random cars slamming into other cars is the status quo around here. It's like Bumper Cars; only you didn't pay 40$ to get into the park. There's a commercial on the radio advertising Hot Wings for some Hooter's "wanna-be" restaurant with sirens in the background. I start looking for a place to pull over. But, there isn't one. There never is. Then I realize it's the radio.

And it's not just advertisements. DJ's around here LOVE the "siren" sound effect. They use it like the rest of us use exclamation points. "I saw a hot girl last night! {siren}", "I was So drunk! {siren}", "Where's my pen?! {siren}"

If I had the time; I would start a protest.

peace

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?