Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Facebook is TOO much....

It just is. Just like a Drag Queen at a Baby Shower would be TOO much. I signed up under duress. It seemed that everytime I asked for copies of pictures from an event; I was told to "check my Facebook page". That's what sucked me in. Once I signed up; I thought it was kinda cool. What a great place to send out announcements about the Promos my bar was doing! I quickly got in touch with all the people I hang out with. And then it got all weird. After a couple of weeks; someone from my High School class found me & sent me a friend invite. I accepted because I really like this person & was glad to get back in touch. After that, I was getting friend invites from people I haven't seen since graduation day. And they were all about me catching them up on everything I've been doing SINCE THAT DAY. Now, I won't mention how long ago that day was; but I've had several address changes & there have been a few Presidents since then. Darlin', if you don't know what I've done since graduation day; there's a reason.

And then there's the people that narrate their entire day on Facebook. "I just woke up". "I'm getting coffee". "My dog's poop looks weird". " "I'm late to work". "I have to get gas". Please tell me who wants to hear this dribble??

And then there's the quizzes!!! OMG! I get asked 87,ooo questions a day at work. I don't want to take a quiz in my off time!! I really don't want to know which Power Ranger I am!

I will have to say that Facebook put me back in touch with two people (so far) that I have really missed. One of my roommates from St. Croix & the guy that trained me on my first bartending job in VA.

And that's all I have to say about that....

peace

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?