Thursday, November 06, 2008

Thank You God......

...it's OVER!

I am so fucking happy the election is over. If you live in the DC area; I'm sure you can relate. And if you work in a bar in the DC area; I'm sure you can read my mind.

I have suffered through 2 years of people trying to bait me. Trying to get me involved in political discussions that I did not want to be in. I have made it very clear that I do not discuss politics over my bar. Yet, people still tried. And it drove me crazy! I knew that as soon as I gave any idea to someone about which side I was on; it was going to cost me. Cost me money. Someone that doesn't agree with my political views is not going to tip me. That's why I just don't discuss it.

And it's been funny. My regulars have been trying to find out how I voted. Every time someone asks, I tell them I "wrote in" someone. And I give a different name each time: Axl Rose, Hunter Thompson, Joe Perry, Cecil Mills, Jack Kerouac. I'm thinking they'll eventually stop asking.

peace

Comments:
Just tell them you vote for I. M. Nobody.

People around here are conservative in a scary way and they are all ways trying to feel my political views out.

Nope, I know how they are and they would try to demonize me if they knew a heathen was in their midst.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?