Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Media Overkill

The first reports were just stupid. "Titans concerned over Young's emotional well-being." When have you ever heard a NFL player's name in the same sentence as the phrase "emotional well-being"? I feel so sorry for Vince Young. He innocently leaves his house to visit a friend forgetting his cell phone and the next thing ya know: He's on suicide watch. And he's not even the top story. He's in the mix with the whole Jessica Simpson saga. Should she attend the Dallas/ Philly game or not? ESPN is taking a poll.

It absolutely kills me how the Young story snow-balled. I saw a tag line on ESPN saying, "Can Young salvage his career?". Excuse me? Did I miss something? All the guy did was try to shake off a bad hit and then succumb to his injury. He's going to be out 2-3 weeks. Are we dooming him to Crazy Town just because he showed some emotion about his injury?

Call me a cynic, but I knew this morning it was going to be a slow sports news day when ESPN was STILL showing Brady being helped off the field. Ad nauseum. Ummm. Newsflash! I know it's Wednesday. And maybe you haven't heard. Tom Brady was injured this past w'end and will be out for the season! And Jessica Simpson may attend the Dallas/Philly game! And Vince Young may be nuttier than a fruitcake because he got hurt!

Spare me. The Tom Brady news is old by now and the rest is fluff.

___________________

I wish I had Young on my Fantasy team. I think that when he gets back in the game; he's going to kick ass. Just because.

___________________

peace

Comments:
I am with you kiddo. Is there really nothing going on in sports that ESPN has to go TMZ with this? I am really getting tired of anything except Discovery Channel/Comedy Central/HBO
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?