Friday, September 05, 2008

It was bad...


I haven't really been able to talk about it. Even when people at my bar were trying to give their condolences.
I still can't believe Clemson lost to Alabama last Saturday. We looked so good on paper. I think that's what bit us in the ass. We were over-confident. We had the voices-that-be ranking us 9 and them 24. We had the whole "Thunder & Lightning" thing going. We had something of a home-field advantage in the fact we had been to the Peach Bowl several times and knew the field. And we couldn't pull it out.
I likened the game to me playing chess. I know all the moves of the game, but have no strategy. I'm pretty much on the defense after I take the first pawn out. I'm playing catch up until I'm in CheckMate.
__________________
Clemson is playing Citadel at home tomorrow.
__________________
peace

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?