Friday, August 29, 2008

NFL Draft

Ok...here's what I'm working with this season:


QB: Eli Manning NYG
Jay Cutler DEN
Tarvarius Jackson MIN

RB: Marion Barber DAL
Brandon Jacobs NYG
Fred Taylor JAC

WR: Terrell Owens DAL
TJ Houshmandzadeh CIN
Chris Chambers SD
DeSean Jackson PHI

TE: Todd Heap BAL
Dustin Keller NYJ

PK: Josh Brown STL
Jason Hanson DET

DEF: Titans
Bills


Believe it or not, I had something kinda close to a strategy. I was originally slotted to have 11th pick in the first; but was bumped up to 10th when someone dropped out and some poor lackey was talked into joining at the last minute to take 12th. We ended up doing an on-line draft versus sittin'-around-a-table-drinkin'-beer draft. I actually liked it alot more; in the interest of time.

Top five RB's were gone by the time it got to me for first round so I took TO. I had to. Because my second round started 5 slots later (serpentine) and I also wanted Marion Barber. Which I got. I'm hoping Romo throws alot which will work out great for me! 19 picks later, I picked up Eli for my #1 QB. Not my first choice for a leading QB (although he was my #1 Flex player last year) but a stand-up pick nonetheless.

And that was my strategy. I was doomed on the draw starting out with 10th pick, so I had to focus on my first two. Doing an on-line, I had the option of turning it over to the computer at any time. I did that after my 9th round. (Out of 16) I let the computer pick my PK's, DEF's, & TE's. Todd Heap is OK, I guess. I purposely drafted him a few years ago when he was the #2/3 TE and he brought me nothing but heartache. He will perform first game or I will nix him! Just like that! No Love!

__________

So................. I have up 'til next Thursday to do drop/adds/trade-offers. I welcome all advice!! Keep in mind that I play 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, & 1 DEF plus a Flex a week.
(Also keep in mind that I love TO and he is not negotiable. He was my only saving grace last year and I think he's going to kick ass again!)

peace

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?