Sunday, August 24, 2008

LeRoi Moore 1961-2008


"LeRoi Moore, saxophonist and founding member of Dave Matthews Band, died unexpectedly Tuesday afternoon, August 19, 2008, at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center in Los Angeles from sudden complications stemming from his June ATV accident on his farm near Charlottesville, Virginia. Moore had recently returned to his Los Angeles home to begin an intensive physical rehabilitation program."
I wanted to write about this earlier in the week and just couldn't. You all know how I feel about DMB. Dave has always been my main man; but I also have always had a special love for LeRoi and Boyd. I just love Sax and Violin. Put those two together with Dave's vocals and acoustic and you've got music straight from the heavens.
I saw LeRoi in his last concert with DMB here in their home-town performance and they fucking rocked. The best Dave show I've seen.
___________________
Music is missing a very good friend. Godspeed LeRoi.
___________________
peace

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?