Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Saga continues...

In keeping with tradition; there was a skirmish tonight during the Sox/Rays game. I'm sure you saw or have already heard if you have any interest in MLB.

The Rays swept the Sox during their last meeting. Suffice to say; tensions were high when the Rays came to Fenway for this series. They were ahead by half a game. Coco Crisp may or may not have slid hard into a baseman on Wednesday night. Who's to say what a hard slide is? :) The person doing the sliding or the person being slid in to? Tonight, during the second inning, Crisp was hit by a pitch from Shields, threw his bat down and charged the mound. What came after was plain fuckin' mayhem. Coco came at Shields ready to throw a punch, Shields threw first, Coco ducked then grazed him with a really cool punch. Players cleared the benches. Then it was all grey and white all over each other. Crisp WAS on the bottom of a pile of Rays with them all pummeling him in the head. That is a definite. I think I saw Francona on the top of the pile trying to pull people off of him. I need to see more footage.

And if that's not enough; (And I'm ashamed to say) Ramirez and Youkilis got into a fight in the dugout later in the game. They had to be held back from each other. I still don't know what that was all about. We'll probably never know unless one of them chooses to tell in the umpteen interview questions that are going to come up about it.

The whole game was tension a foot thick. I watched it all and it seemed that half the pitches (from both sides) were intended to hit. Some "flopping" goin' on as well. I was just happy when it was over. I can watch a train wreck for only so long.

End of the day; Sox take it 7-1. Don't know how I feel about the win, but reality is: It's one out of 160+ games. No-one will remember this come Monday.

peace

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?