Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I hate to be the one to tell you....

but...the whole Southern thing....it's a ruse! A diversion! To get what we want! Which is: To take over the world! One nice deed at a time!
_____________________

I had someone tell me today in the course of conversation that he believes the whole "Southern Thing" is just a Guise. The manners, the hospitality, the etiquette as a whole; if you will...is all meant to portray an ideal of a certain group of people that isn't real.

Needless to say, I took exception to that. I took exception to someone essentially telling me that (he believes) everything I've learned at the knees of my kin is bullshit. Learning to respect my elders, learning good manners, learning that you have to work for what you want, and learning to keep your mouth shut as not to insult the person you're talking to!

Obviously; he doesn't Get It.


peace

Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Being from the great Commonwealth of Kentucky, I always get the "you're not really Southern all the time" or worse that all Southerners are not as smart and mannerly as we were raised. Last time I checked, the Southern part of the US is still the most friendly, well mannered place on God's blue Earth. Next time tell the gentleman that he is dismissed from wherever you were when he made the comment. If that doesn't work use the next method in the Southern Handbook which is point a shotgun at him and give him to the count of 3-please ;)
 
You are right on target. It's all about upbring and tradition...
Regards....
C.... :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?