Monday, May 12, 2008

I'm a busy girl...

I really am. If you stopped me on a Saturday and asked me to account for my whole week; I probably couldn't do it. Outside of, "Well, I was in a bar for 50 hours. Working. And then I was on the computer about 20 hours. Working." I have no idea what is going on the rest of the time. Probably, the fact that I go to bed by 11pm is the reason I feel I'm so busy. I'm hardly ever awake outside of work. Feel sorry for me for about 10 seconds because I'm sure your life is just as busy.

Anyway, I had to say all that because I have a friend that does not understand why I don't answer her emails PRONTO. She will send me one at 10am and expect an answer within 30 minutes. I understand she works from home. She does not understand that I drive to a place I call "Work". Where I am a "Bartender". And by definition; I "Tend Bar". Meaning, I am at the mercy of other people. Every minute. All day. I don't have the luxury of hanging out on the computer whenever I feel like it. And trust me: I would LOVE to have a good shot of personal computer time during the day. I AM human, after all.

____________________

I have to tell this story because; well, just because. I went to the Nats vs. Marlins game with my friend CJ on Saturday. CJ is a Marlin fan and I am a Red Sox and "Home Team" fan. Which isn't really relevent to the story; but, there ya go. In either case, we left just after the 7th inning stretch to go to a concert in a nearby concert hall. (930 Club for those in the know of local places). We hail a cab outside Nats stadium. We get in and tell the Cab Driver where we want to go. He says, "Fuck!!! I just came from that part of town! I didn't want to go again!"

I offer for us to get out of the cab and catch a next one, but we're already moving and he says, "No, No. I'll take you where you want to go." And then he continues to bitch the whole way to the club. About how he really didn't want to go there and he just wanted to stay in SE.

This man is a Cab Driver. Meaning; he Drives people to where they want to go in a Cab for money. It's true! The words "Cab Driver" totally gives it away! I insinuated as such and, sadly, I made a non-friend. Sadly for him, he didn't know that I'm a Base-10$-Tipper. And it goes up from there. He did not reap the benefits to make a long story short.

I equate his actions to someone asking me for a martini. And me saying, "Fuck! I just made one of those yesterday! I feel you're taking advantage of me by asking me for one today! While I'm Bartending!!!"

_______________________

Kimberly REALLY hates stupid people.

_______________________

peace

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?