Sunday, April 06, 2008

Charlton Heston


10/4/23 --- 4/5/08 RIP

What an amazing man. If I attempt to give this incredible person any kind of Blog eulogy; I would fall short. There is no way I could cover everything that he has done.
Go to this link and read for yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Heston
In either case; I think he was incredible for several things. One of which was his activism against racism. Another, and equally important; was his belief in our Right to Bear Arms.
I do know that he has given conflicting statements relating to issues he purported to support. Some of them make me uneasy. The biggest being his stance on Abortion. The bottom line is, he used his celebrity to bring about change in the areas that needed it. He got results. Alot of people are much better off because of it.
___________
The best you can hope for is that people will remember you when you die for the good things you did when you were alive. If you never try to do good things; chances are, you won't be remembered at all.
peace

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?