Monday, March 17, 2008

Bon Voyage, Miss Christy!

My most awesome roommate left this morning for a month long adventure. She is doing a couple of Spanish language immersion programs in Guatemala and Honduras over the next month. She is a project manager for an IT company and decided to take a leave of absence after her last project. Which lasted for two years and required her to work about 16 hours a day. Good call, Christy! In either case, she is doing what I believe everyone should do at some point in their lives. I did it when I was 30. I quit my job, put everything in storage, and moved to a Caribbean island for 3 1/2 years. Now, 3 1/2 years was probably a little excessive, but you get what I mean. If you find yourself at a point where you are frustrated and just need a break from the norm; do the NOT norm. Take the chance. Take the opportunity!

In either case, I got on a plane with $500.00 in my pocket and a couch to crash on for a month. And ended up having the time of my life. I came back with a whole new attitude and a definite appreciation for the people in my life. (And a whole new appreciation for all the things I took for granted in the States....different story.)

Share your story?

peace

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?