Sunday, February 24, 2008

This post is a buzz kill. A very good friend of mine found her boyfriend dead yesterday. He had been suffering from mental illness for about 2 1/2 years. It is unclear as to whether he purposely overdosed or not. The autopsy is on Monday. I SO suck at this. I can be faced with a room full of 150 people and make them bend at my will; but I can't find the right words to say to my friend that has lost her partner of 18 years. I spent last night with her watching her go through a different emotion every minute. I just kept telling her that I loved her and I would do anything she needed me to do. Is there anything else I can say? Are there special secret words you can say to someone that will make them feel better in a situation like this?

Any thoughts are welcome...

peace

Comments:
There are no "secret words" at a time like this. Just be her friend.
Regards....
C.... :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?