Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Forgive me..

Forgive me for anything I write in this post that may offend you. It is not my intention to offend. I feel very strongly about something & may use some derogatory words to make my point.

If you are just now reading me for the first time....I have a little problem with prejudice. In every sense of the word.

-(These are things that happened in the last two days)-

I don't like you if you use the word "spic" to refer to my friend Peter.
Who happens to be Italian. Makes you look like an Idiot. Besides the fact that you're a racist.

I don't like you if you use the term "wetback" to refer to my friend from Mexico City that just opened up a new art gallery in Tyson's Corner. She worked for years to accomplish that. Seriously...what have YOU done lately? You racist.

And I REALLY don't like the fact that some inconsequential person referred to my friend Kim as a "gook" that just opened her first Nail Salon. I won't go into the years of trauma she went through even getting to this country. (Remember us? Home of the Free? The Brave?)

____________________

As much as I would like to educate the world; I'm just one person. I can only bring heartache to the one's I actually catch being assholes. And the one's I'm talking about know who I'm talking about. They should fear me. I have a forum.

____________________


The realization that I actually was friends with the people that made these comments made me feel not that smart. Because I didn't see what type of people they were to start with. And that makes me angrier.

____________________

peace

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?