Sunday, March 26, 2006

The Alcohol Bubble

We've all been in it. It's that thing where you've had a few drinks; you're talkin'....& you and the person that you're talking to are the only people hearing you. As far as you know. Sometimes it comes back to bite you in the ass. Case in point:

Clueless Chick (to her friend): "I had sex with Johnny X last night. It was awesome. He promised he'd call."

Clueless Chick's Waitress: "Johnny X & I are getting married next month. I'm thinkin' he's not going to call you."

___________________

I actually witnessed this exchange. Damn near the saddest thing I'd ever heard. And almost the tackiest. But not quite.

We've all been guilty of the "Bubble Syndrome". You're a liar if you say different. There's something about loud music and alcohol under your belt that makes you think that noone else in the room can hear you except the person you're talking to.

Personally, I haven't been a victim of it in a very long time. Probably because I'm a bartender & get to see alot of other people make asses out of themselves on a pretty regular basis. Because they're operating in a bubble.

__________________

No point to this.....just something I was thinking about.


peace

Comments:
I'm glad to see you writing again and hope that you will continue. I've missed you........
C..... (-:
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?