Saturday, December 24, 2005

'Tis the Season....

And, yes; it is. I finished up my Xmas shopping today. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it may be. Given the fact it's Christmas Eve. I got out early, parked in the farthest away spot I could (even though there were others available) & resolved myself to let all shopping-cart-maniacs ahead of me. I was going for the "B Personality" look. A far cry from my typical "A Personality". It was refreshing. I don't know if it worked out because that one guy that was eyeing the same wine glass clips that mean "This is my wine glass" as I was didn't try to rush me for them, or the fact that a 12 year old apologized for being in my way. Doesn't matter. I left the store feeling sane.

Then I went to Waffle House and had a breakfast made complete by Hash Brown's Scattered, Smothered, & Covered. That means shredded Hash Brown on the grill with onions & cheese. If you try to say Scattered, Smothered, & Covered anywhere other than a Waffle House; they don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I always feel sorry for those people. They just don't know good eatin'. As I mentioned in my last post; it's the little things you miss when you live far away from home.

I called home to see if anyone needed anything since I was on my way back. Told Dad there was no traffic at all. Then I realized that I live in a city that is #3 in the nation for gridlock. Of course I would think there's no traffic here. I had made it from my parents house to the mall without any obscene gestures being made by myself or anyone else. Utopia, indeed.

_________

I ran into my best friend at the mall yesterday. He was there with his 5 year old, Jackson. I asked Jackson what he had asked Santa Claus for. He told me, "I asked for a REAL dog". Intriguing. I asked Mike what Jackson meant by that. Apparently, Mike & Tammy have been appeasing Jackson's wish for a dog by claiming that his toy dog is just as good as a real dog. Jackson is a wee bit smarter than all that. Kid's are so cute when they belong to someone else.

_________

Marissa has made even more progress. She was able to sit up in a chair/bed for awhile in the Family Room interacting with everyone. She's still not speaking; but I believe it's just a matter of time. Ted Kennedy came by to visit her & signed her Veteran's Bible. I'm not a Ted Kennedy fan; but I appreciate that he took the time to visit the injured soldiers at Walter Reed. I haven't talked to Sandy (Marissa's Mom) today to get all the details, so I don't know if it was a "Photo Op" visit or not. Most celebrities that visit Walter Reed arrive without an entourage & it usually never shows up in the paper that they were in the area at all. In my experience; Dear Ted never shows up anywhere without an entourage. Even in St. Croix where he owns a house and is a non-tipping asshole the whole time he's there. Oops...did I say that out loud?

__________

Merry Christmas! Hold your loved ones close & let them know how much they mean to you.

peace

Comments:
Thanks for the update on Marissa, and Merry Christmas!!

-Mike C
Seattle, WA
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?