Saturday, December 10, 2005

Marissa had a very good day today. She was moved from Surgical ICU to Intermediate Care. She's breathing on her own now; so she's not considered Acute Care anymore. Essentially, she moved down the hall. She's made alot of progress since yesterday, but it's very hard to watch. Her head is elevated now, so she can see her legs. She can see that her right leg is in traction. And she can also see that the bottom part of her left leg is gone. She will look at you and then back at her left leg. Back & forth. Back & forth. Like she's saying, "Do you see what I see? What's up with that?" We definitely think that she knows that her leg is missing. You can see the confusion on her face. In the big picture; that's awesome. That she can see & react. For us watching her confusion; it is incredibly heart-wrenching. I'm very happy that she's able to see, process, and respond (at times). But, it just kills me that she is pretty much just trapped inside of her head. She can process some of what is happening to her, but she can't verbalize.

Thanks to all of you that sent me such great thoughts. I am saving all the emails to show Marissa when she is sitting next to me telling me what a crazy bitch I was for ever harboring doubts that she may not be able to talk again.

____________________

I am going to give the big picture when I'm able. We just found out what actually happened as far as when & where the explosion happened. Very hard to talk about just now.

peace

Comments:
I know we can't do much but if there is anything..........ask, ok?
 
In a war in which the outcome will only be endless fighting due to the seperate factions in Iraq, it pains me to hear about your cousin, who has been injured in such a way that she will be haunted for the rest of her life.
 
this gave me chills. Your cousin will talk again I am sure. Sounds like she is making awesome progress. Love,Tiff
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?