Wednesday, September 21, 2005

You’ve got to be kidding me. I’m the “Serious Friend”??!

A good friend of mine remarked in casual conversation that I am considered the “Serious Friend”. Apparently, that fact is talked about all the time. When someone wants some “All-Bullshit-Aside” advice; I’m their girl. I’m sorry, but that’s just fucking scary. I’m barely keeping my head above water maintaining my own life; & there are people out there that actually think that advice I give holds water? Now, it’s not that I don’t think I give good advice. I look at the situation & say what I think. With lots of disclaimers; of course. Like, if this goes all to shit; you can’t sue me. Because I am not a professional. Just because I am a Bartender and hear stories that would curl your freakin’ toes does not mean that I hold the key to great wisdom. Sorry to shoot that fantasy down for you.

When I expressed my misgivings with this title; I was assured: “You’re fun! You know how to Dirty-Shag! You know Dirty Jokes! You make the best Dirty Martini!”. Dirty seems to be key. Saving Grace, I guess. The Ying to the "Serious Friend" Yang.

Well, I pick my battles. And this won't be one of them. I'm not going to try to be anything other than what I am. It could be worse. I could be the "Slut Friend". Or the "Irresponsible Friend". Or the "Fashion-Challenged Friend". One of each we have already. And I never wanted to be Double-Billed.

_________________

We never really know how other people perceive us. We sit and size up our friends. We form distinct impressions on how we think they are. Ethically, Morally. And that's what they are. And we love them anyway. But, do you ever stop and think what they think about you? What they see when they look at you?

So, I'll take the "Serious Friend" title gracefully. Thank God reading minds is light-years away.

peace

Comments:
But being the serious friend has its draw backs, you are never the first to be invited to a party, people may think you are too serious for it.

;-)
 
Fortunately, I'm not THAT kinda serious. I'm usually the third to take my top off.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?