Thursday, September 01, 2005

Update

The press release for Rampart's fundraiser for hurricane victims went out today & we've gotten a huge response. The cover charge has been dropped to $5 as we are getting a lot of private donations for the Red Cross & we really want everyone to feel free to come. If you can't make it next Thursday, but still want to donate; just drop by and speak to the bartender in the Pub. I'm there M-F, 10a-6p. Duncan, Jules, Glenn, Mattie, Rindy, & Rosie are on-hand at night & during the weekend and can also take your donation. 100% of all donations go straight to the Red Cross.

If you're not donating through us; please donate somewhere. Even if you don't have compassion for the people directly affected by this; please keep in mind that this tragedy is going to affect EVERYONE in this Nation eventually. (I paid $3.89/gallon this morning.) Personally, I've been in tears for 2 days watching these people & what I paid for gas didn't mean shit to me. But I know that some people only understand things that hit their wallet. If you're one of THOSE people; keep in mind that the quicker we get them back on their feet; the quicker our economy will get back to normal.

__________________

OK....As strongly as I feel about all that; I'm not letting this blog turn into some maudlin vacuum. I'm not going to revel in good things that happen to me in the shadow of all the bad things happening to other people either. With that said; I'll just give bullet-points:


I....

*saw Greenday at Merriweather Post Tuesday night.

*was in the Mosh Pit.

*made it to the rail.

*got some of Billy Joe's sweat on me when he shook his head.

*am probably way too old for all that; but it kicked ass anyway.


peace......Donate!!!

Comments:
"*got some of Billy Joe's sweat on me when he shook his head."

too funny. i once (at 35 yrs old) got Mikael Barishnikov's sweat on me and was as excited as a teeny bopper.
 
We have a lot of refugees here in Lafayette Louisiana, thanks for helping out.
 
You're never too old...to rock and roll. It's better to burn out, than fade away.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?