Sunday, September 18, 2005

I did it!

Yes, I did. I went out of town for the weekend. Which I never do during the summer.

I have friends that bought a farm a few years ago down in Northern Neck. Farnham, VA to be exact. They use it as their weekend get-away. They've been inviting me all summer; but every weekend, seems that a lot of other people have been going down as well. I've wanted to go, but didn't want to have to be in "entertaining" mode because there are other people around. Just so happened that noone else was going down this weekend. I jumped on it. A chance to hang out with my friends one-on-one.

I lost my cell signal just outside of Tappahannock driving down Friday & didn't get it back until I was about 50 miles out of DC today. It was heaven. (Not having a signal.)

My friends have an incredible property. A big farmhouse in the middle of wheat/soybean/corn fields. They spent a year renovating the main house & it is just f'ing incredible. The silence was positively deafening but in a good way. Well, it was all quiet except for the 4 hours Clemson was busy going into 3 OT's against Miami yesterday. Last night we sat out on the deck in the rain watching the lightning storm in the distance. Because we could. You just don't get that kinda view in the city.

__________________

So...I'm a new person. Nothing like having a true southern breakfast in a tire store, watching a Saturday morning community auction, touring the back 40, & scratching the chiggers off your stomach to put things in perspective. Add that to being in the company of two really great people. I'm thinking of ways I could support myself if I moved down that way permanently.

__________________

Hope ya'll had a great weekend!

peace

Comments:
That sounds wonderful, there is nothing like a weekend in the Virginia countryside.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?