Friday, August 26, 2005

THAT was different.

I was wicked, stupid busy today. I was looking forward to the tan bed & manicure/pedicure after work. I tanned then went to my 7:30 mani/pedi appointment.

Now; I LOVE getting a pedicure. The foot massage part is my favorite. Halfway through the massage; 2 of the Vietnamese girls that work there came running out of the back room screaming things in Vietnamese. All people that understand what they're saying jump up and they all run out of the shop. Which left all us clients (the non-Vietnamese speaking people) sitting there wondering, "WTF???". It takes us a few seconds before we grab our stuff and follow them outside.

Turns out that there was a fire in the back room. A minute or so after we went outside; I could see some smoke & it smelled electrical.

The employees run back in and grab the money drawer & I don't even know what else. Clippers, maybe? There was a lot of running in and out & it occurs to me & one of the clients standing next to me that they have not called 911. So we called. Cindy (my mani/pedi girl) notices that I have left my $2 pedicure flip-flops inside. She bravely goes back in and "saves" them for me while I'm telling her that it's really not necessary. I have other shoes in the car.

Being that I'm not much of a rubber-necker; I stuck around long enough to check out the firemen (firemen are usually cute) and left.

Damn. I really hope the shop is OK. Cindy gives the best foot massage I've ever had. I am kind of disappointed that it took her all of a split second to drop my foot back in the water and haul ass outside without telling me that maybe I should haul ass as well. So much for all those generous tips I've been giving her all this time.

____________________________

I moved on to Staples to buy printer ink. Which I've never done before. I'm just talking about ink. For a printer. Sounds basic. Sounds easy. Right?

No, No, No.

It makes sense to me that you should be able to just look at the front of the package & it would say, "For Printers 810C, 810B, etc". I am such a misguided soul. Lucky for me, there was a 75 page guide book sitting right there that I could take a seat and read to find the type printer I have and it tells me the correlating number I need to look for to find "The One".

And why are there so many different models of printers? They all basically just put words and pictures on paper; right? Could we scale it down to, maybe, 5? The only way that I think they can improve on the technology is if you can hold your eye up to something & it puts a "picture" of the words or photo directly into your brain.

____________________________

I am staying in tonight. On a Friday night. So much for that "Way-Hip-Girl-About-Town" persona I've honed. But that's OK. I'll be at the Nationals game tomorrow which I'm sure will parlay into a 9 hour drunk-fest since we are now 7 busses strong from 6 different bars.

And then I have both of my Fantasy Football drafts on Sunday. I'm not really worried about the draft I have with the guys where I used to work. I've played with them 3-4 years. I AM worried about the draft I have with the guys I work with now. I can totally see it being "No more Mister Nice Guy" after the first pick. I drew for 3rd pick in both leagues, which I see as a good sign. I wonder what the odds of that happening is. Wish me luck.

peace

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?