Sunday, August 07, 2005

Sunset is nice...

...at Cantina Marina...

And that's about the only attraction.

The service sucks there.

_________________________

Picture it: Marina bar...Sunday afternoon...nice weather...boats on the water....Miss Scarlett praying for another beer.

_________________________

Sarcastic Kudos go out to Tom and Jennifer. Hands down; the worse Bartenders ever.
Tom is not very attractive & tries to make up for it by pretending he's great friends with Jennifer. Who laughs when he picks her up and then she runs away to complain to whoever will listen that she hates it when Tom picks her up. Seriously, who wants to drink at a bar that has all this high-school shit going on?

Meanwhile, us customers are thirsty. And they are just not paying attention.

All I wanted is for one of them to recognize the fact that my friends and I needed new drinks. We were sitting AT THE BAR with roughly 10 other people and had to flag someone down everytime we needed a drink. We eventually pulled the 'Bartenders Card" to let them know we were bartenders as well & it made no difference.

Tom has no gimmick whatsoever that I could see. Jennifer has this kind of "I don't care if you're here or not" thing going. While she's chewing on a toothpick. When you would ask her for something, she would just kind of nod at you. While chewing. She's, like, 12. At what point did she become bitter? Being in the business, I have to wonder, how do these people make money?

_____________________________

We eventually made friends with some poor girl behind the bar that I think was equally as put out as we were. Meaning, she thought her co-workers were assholes. The bottom line is...if you're looking for fun in the DC waterfront...go to Tony & Joes. The view is as nice and the service is so much better.

peace

Comments:
Never been there but I believe I have been to Tony and Joe's, that was some time back though, is it in George town?

Damn, I need to get back there before I forget how much I liked living around the area.

I love to watch how bartenders interact with people, you can really learn about their character by doing so.
 
Hi "Scarlet"...so great to find a blog from someone close to us. Do you ever go to Bar Nun in NE, close to Howard Univ? One of our fave bars/clubs, esp. on Saturdays for Entre Nous! xoxo, M
http://danni654.blogspot.com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?