Friday, August 26, 2005

I've never been one to generalize.

Men; that is. It has always driven me crazy when I hear a woman say, "All men" do this; "All men" do that. I personally have always believed that every man is different. That there are no set patterns to their behavior. I have never believed that all men cheat. That all men are liars. Even though most of the men I know keep insisting on proving me wrong.

That is why I go into relationships with such blind faith. Now; I'm not stupid. I have burned & been burned. I know how the game is played. But, there is still a part of me that wants to believe that a man CAN be good. He can be sincere. He can be faithful.

For whatever reason; this subject has been on my mind recently. Probably because I finally feel that I could actually start a new relationship. Finally. It's been 4 months. And even though I don't feel that I need a man in my life to complete me; I'd be lying if I didn't admit that it would be nice. To have that again.

For the first time in my adult life; I feel "Gun Shy". Instead of barreling ahead like I've always done; I'm thinking of the possible end result before anything actually happens. The bottom line is: I cannot hurt that way again. It seems to get more brutal the older you get.

I told a very good friend of mine recently that I was never going to get seriously involved with anyone ever again. I was just going to "fuck my way through Alexandria". This is a girl that knows that I've never had a one-night stand. She said, "Well, it sounds fun. But, that's not you". True. Even my f-buddies were ex-boyfriends. Ya know, road already traveled and all that. No surprises. Sometimes I wish that I was one of those women that don't need to have "feelings" attatched.

I do know one man that I would bet my life would never cheat (besides my father. Whom you may refer to as God. Like I do). Unfortunately, he's pratically my brother. I may be persuaded to pimp him out. Send me your resume.

_________________

Advise me. Please.

peace

Comments:
Every ship on the sea needs to put into port at a safe harbour from time to time.

Find a cove. Rest. Recuperate. Take your time.
 
Alexandria? Thats a lot of fucking. Just wait for someone who makes you click, you will feel better.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?