Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I don't care who you are.

I really don't. When you sit at my bar & order a drink & I ask you what your name is, offer my hand to shake (kiss; whatever), and smile like a maniac; I really just want your name so that I can start you a tab. If I don't ask your name, I start your tab in the computer as "Yellow Shirt Guy", or "Crazy Nose Guy", or just "Fucking Wierd Guy". Seriously....No conspiracy here. So...Why don't you want to tell me your name???

Today at Happy Hour, a guy I had never seen before came in & ordered a beer. He was wearing a yellow shirt. I peg him as someone that plays on one of the many softball teams that drink here. As is my nature, I tried to introduce myself by offering my hand & saying, "I'm Kimberly, and you are?"

Him: "On the yellow team."

Me: "And they call you?"

Him: "Maddog"

Me: "And your mother calls you...?"

Him: "Dave."

Me: "Thank you. I just wanted a name so that I could start you a tab."

Him: "Is that necessary?"

Me: "No. You could just give me a credit card & take your chances."

Him: "Are you insinuating that my credit card may not be safe with you?"

Me thinking to myself: "No! Your credit card number is not safe with me! I make my living on snowing people like you that have $1,000 limits on their credit cards! Seriously. It's how I keep myself in Bath & Body Works products.

__________________

I'm thinking he's hiding something.

_________________

I watched the DC fireworks from the top of the highest building in Old Town, Alexandria. Just across the river. It was pretty awesome. I actually went into DC to watch the fireworks the first year I was here. You only need to do it once. Unless you're one of those people that only feel important when they're hanging with roughly 500,000 other people.

_________________

I always rely on the kindness of strangers. It's in my nature.

peace

Comments:
where I used to work, one of the bartenders had started a tab for a couple of bitches under the name "bitches". They don't use post-its or anything like that. Tabs are kept in the POS. Well, he wasn't thinking about it when he started that tab in the POS, but when you print the check, it automaticallyprints the name of the tab, so they got "Bitches" at the top of their check. I don't know how he dealt with that, but I thought it was funny as shit.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?