Thursday, June 30, 2005

I apologize..

My last post was a Part II sort of thing; but since Blogger never posted Part I, it made no sense at all. And I don't even remember, really, what Part I was all about. I was bitching about traffic or something. Anyway...

I went to my first National's game last night. That's the Washington National's baseball team for those of you that still don't know that DC once again has a baseball team. It was pretty awesome for me since I had never been to anything at RFK stadium. (The old Redskin's stadium). Due to the fact that the Capital Building was (again) evacuated; the traffic sucked. We got there at the end of the first inning. While entering the stadium, my friend breezed through security & I got stopped. Security Guy indicated that he wanted to go through my purse. While he was busy digging though the girl's purse in front of me, I arranged my purse so that there was a tampon on top. Not that I was trying to hide anything. It was in the interest of time. And it worked. He spent 2 minutes going through the purse in front of me & just took a mere glance in mine.

Which just confirms my theory that young men are intimidated by tampons. This security guy was about 20. He passed me through so fast; you'd have thought that tampon had Big Gnarly Gnashing Teeth. I could have had a Big Gnarly Switchblade hidden in there with which I could have cut away his pretty little "I'm a Security Guard" pass from around his neck before he knew it.

____________

So...we're making time. We get to our seats. Awesome seats. 10 rows up behind 3rd base. I'm spoiled forever. Chris looks up at the black sky coming in from the east & says, "It's gonna rain". I say, "Nah. It looks like its breaking up!" (Always the optimist) The fucking bottom falls out like nothing I've ever seen before. And as great as it is to have incredible seats; it's just a cluster-fuck trying to beat everybody else to the canopy. I've never been so soaked in my life. And I was having the time of my life. There's THUNDER. LIGHTNING. CRAZY RAIN. Hell-Fire & Damnation. And I'm from the South. If I say it's a Crazy Storm; it's a CRAZY STORM! We're all mad-rushing to shelter & then a huge roar goes up to the guys covering the field.

And then we sit. For two hours. The first hour was one of the worse summer storms I've ever seen. You know how you see the lightening & then count til the thunder? It was all on top of each other. No counting. I was impressed. I wasn't aware that Virginia could do a summer storm this well.

_________________

The storm ends, but we're not allowed to go back to our seats for 30 minutes after the last lightning sighting. The game finally resumed & we stuck it out til the end of the 6th at 11:45pm. In the rain. Tied 2/2. I don't think the game ended til 1am.

I loved it when they pulled the tarp off the field. About twenty guys running with the tarp. I was thinking; what do they do if someone trips? Do they just look for a lump & then do a head-count? Just wondering.

__________________

My b-day is coming up. I've decided that all I need for my birthday is "Nice Thoughts". Seriously. Don't puke over the idea. That's really all I need.

___________________

Also, I'm two months single as of this past Tuesday. I'm thinking I may start accepting 2nd dates now as opposed to just not returning the phone call after the first. That's proper; right? I'm nothing if not kosher.

peace

Comments:
What is it? Every other female blogger sems to be talking of periods and tampons and all my female friends are on there periods.

But yea, most guys are scared about the whole period tampon thing.

Glad that you enjoyed the thunderstorm and game. I used to go and watch the Baseball games at camden yards. I move away and DC gets a baseball them. Crap!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?