Wednesday, May 18, 2005

My parents had a really cool Golden Retriever named Sandy for about 12 years. (God Bless His Soul.) Sandy was such a sweetheart; but did some really odd things sometimes. Every Christmas, Dad would put a tree on the end of the dock with lights on it. Not those little wannabe lights. The BIG lights. One year, Dad told me that Sandy had eaten some of the lights off the tree. That's right. He ATE them. And I thought, "Well, that's really stupid." That was years ago & I haven't had that thought again about anything a dog has done until this morning. When one of the dogs in the house I'm sitting ate half of a TV remote while I was in the shower. Ordinarily, I would feel bad if someone's property was damaged while in my care. But, in ALL the instructions I was given; never once did anyone say, "And don't leave those remotes lying around because that's just an accident waiting to happen!".

_____________________

I looked at a place this morning that may actually work for me. I went in knowing the guy was asking only $1150/month. It's a 2Br & that's really low for the area. Upgraded appliances. Cute patio. The only thing I can think is that something really tragic happened there. Would it be weird if I asked to spend the night in it before committing to a year's lease? I just want to make sure drawers don't open by themselves, etc. One of the house's I sit has a resident ghost; & that's OK for a week or two. I couldn't actually live there.

_____________________

Lot's of good parties coming up with it being spring and all. Therefore; lot's of things to look forward to. I've had a couple of down moments (they were MERE moments) thinking about That Guy; but the very next moment was spent remembering how bad he dicked me over. Isn't it strange how easy it is to forget the bad stuff. Even for just a moment?

_____________________

Speaking of dick. There is a guy that was a regular of mine at my old bar for about 5 years. I called him Dave because that's what I thought his name was. He's not very nice & VERY High Maintenance. He started coming to my new bar shortly after I started working there. After about a month; he said, "Ya know my name isn't Dave; it's Dick." All of a sudden, all the planets were aligned & everything in the world made sense. I just looked at him and said, "Of course it is".

_____________________

peace

Comments:
What area is that in? $1150 is SO cheap compared to the other rents in DC. Good luck!
 
Retrievers eat anything. My Labrador retriever had a fondness for charcoal. We could not leave a bag on the floor of the shop, he would pass by the bag of dog food and tear the charcoal bag up and start eating.

I think there are ways to check the history of rental places. That rental price is very cheap for DC, which is what 2br apartments rent for way out in Leesburg.

Once a Dick always a Dick.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?