Thursday, May 26, 2005

Free at last!

...Free at last!

Finished up my house-sitting job today. Bittersweet; it was. I really did fall for the two dogs I was watching. I'm so use to the purebreds I watch being incredibly temperamental & high maintenance; I wasn't prepared to fall for these two. I won't bore you with sickenly sweet stories about them; but I do have to tell you the one thing that really got to me. Every time I would speak to them; they would stop, look at me, & cock their heads to one side. Like they were hanging on every word I was saying. Kinda cool. I wasn't going to house-sit anymore; but I will definitely for them. The down-side; as with all house-sitting jobs; is that it's very hard to entertain yourself in someone else's house. You can watch TV & that's about it. Well, I guess you can do more. But, I'm not a "searcher". I don't go through drawers & closets. Which is one of the reasons why I have a good reputation as a house-sitter & get all the cool house-sitting jobs. Which I'm not taking anymore except for this one. This house does have an awesome heated pool that I totally took advantage of all last weekend. She had shown me the liquor cabinet & told me to help myself. And invite friends. I invited a couple, but we didn't do too much damage. Because, really, there was no way to damage that liquor cabinet. Unless we had been a party of 100. I was impressed.

___________________

So, I've been thinking about Karma. I truly believe that what goes around; comes around. If you cause someone to hurt; it will come back to you. Threefold, as some people believe. I've been thinking about it so much; I've created this paradox in my mind about it.

If someone is causing you to hurt in the first place; isn't it because (within the laws of Karma) you caused someone hurt before? See what I'm saying? People are so quick to say, "Well, Karma will get him for what he did to me!" when actually; maybe the hurt they are feeling is because Karma is coming back on them? For something they did?

I use to feel some sort of comfort in the whole Karma thing. Like each wrong I felt I had experienced at the hands of someone else would be righted eventually. I may not be there to see it; but I knew it would happen. I still believe that; but what did I do to someone else to experience the hurt in the first place? What wrong was I paying back for?

....Food for thought.

peace

Comments:
Im also a believer in karma and have thought about the same questions you are asking and i just thought that its a causal continuum. Its a cycle. Sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down but what counts is that what you have learned through that experience that makes you stronger ultimately..

just sharing
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?