Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Who am I to judge....

my very first customer today? The guy that had the 2 shots of Jagermeister with a coffee-back at 11:15am? It's not my place to judge. I'm just supposed to "serve-up" whatever is asked for (within reason). Generally, I pretty much just serve lunch until about 3pm. That's usually when it turns into a "drinking" bar. That's about when the 6amer's start wandering in. I pull a few beers & mix a few martini's during the lunch hours; but it's mostly food.

I don't know. I'm always curious about the people that are Drinking that early in the morning. I consider a beer or two; a martini or two with lunch as small-time. A couple shots of Jager in the am is Drinking. And then he asked me to call him a cab to SW DC. I'm in Alexandria by the Pentagon. Hmmm, Hmmm, & Hmmm. Usually I have the time to get the story; but I was too busy to lure him into conversation.

______________

Was there not one, but TWO high-speed chases this morning in California? I saw some of one with a couple of guys in a silver car & next thing I knew; there was a chase with one guy in a white car. With a sun-roof. And he appeared to be flying some type of purple banner out of it. Any details to share?

______________

I'm moving at the end of the month. If I don't have a nervous breakdown. I feel like I just did this 2 weeks ago. And if was four years ago. There are 4 elevators here that are all in one area. They are all exactly the same. Three are for regular travel up & down and the fourth is designated the "freight" elevator. In name only. There's nothing "freight" about it. It is meant to hold 5 small people. I can't even begin to tell you what a bitch it was moving in here.

In wanting as few "freight" elevator trips as possible; some of those things I thought were sentimental to me have lost their appeal. They're being left in the trash room right here on the 8th floor on moving day. All of a sudden I understand the cliches "Less is more" and "Travel light". In the face of having to battle the "freight" elevator.

I have seriously thought about hiring a moving company. I've moved alot & have never done that before. I've always just thought, "Why hire someone when I can do it myself?". But then, what if people started thinking, "Why get someone to mix my drink when I can do it myself?". I'd be out of a job. I'm just going to hire someone. Then I won't feel bad for keeping all the little things I have just because I don't want to move a bunch of chit again. I can keep that Fertility statue I got from Santa Domingo. Those little glass bottles that are good for absolutely nothing I got in Old San Juan. And countless other crap I've accumulated in my travels. And I only know I have this crap because this move has prompted me to stop & go through boxes that were not un-packed when I moved in here! It's a vicious circle, I tell you!

I AM keeping the cats. I'm thinking it's against the law to leave them in the trash room. (Disclaimer to PETA: No, I am not going to leave my cats in the trash room. But, they DID sleep in an X-mas Tree box for 3 months. They can do the cardboard house thing.)

________________

peace

Comments:
i like getting rid of piles of stuff when i move then it feels like starting over.
 
Maybe the guy was just finishing the night before?

Hope the move goes well, I have had to move many times...I loath it!
 
Good luck with the move.

I only have 2 shots of Jaeger at 11 am when I am on vacation
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?