Thursday, April 07, 2005

"Hell is empty..

..All the Devils are here."

                -William Shakespeare
                     "The Tempest"

___

  Ok, so maybe it was just one Devil.  But, it did feel like he had a whole posse with him by the time he was done with me. 

___

  As I've said, I really like my new job (5 months, now) because 99% of the time; everyone is very nice & very free with showing their gratitude (by giving me money).  It's a "Regular's" kinda place.  Other than the guy saying, "Fuck You!" to me a couple weeks ago; everything has been very pleasant.  So much so; I was starting to kind of miss the opportunities I use to have to throw a little muscle around.  Mental Muscle, I mean.  And Power Muscle.  Meaning, I have the power to throw someone out.  Not physically, of course.  Just pointing at the door & saying, "Get out of my bar."  And knowing that what I just said; went.

___

  I had that opportunity today that has  fulfilled that need in me for maybe the next 6 months.  The guy that showed up at my bar early afternoon today was hell-bent on causing Death & Destruction when he got up this morning.  I'm convinced.   I made him 3 dry Grey Goose Martini's before he liked one.  We're talking staight vodka up in a glass.  Hard to fuck up.  Even if you tried.  The first two, he took a sip and deemed them "Not quite right".  I forced the 3rd one on him because I refused to pour another 12$ drink down the sink.  I essentially told him to drink it or order a beer.  I wasn't pouring anymore Grey Goose.  Within the hour he was there; the salsa was too hot,my hair was too short, the lighting was weird, I was stupid for piercing the top of my ear, there was only a third of a roll of paper towels in the Men's Room (damn near a health hazard, don't cha know. If you let it run out.)   The list of complaints went on and on.  Each one individually wouldn't be hard to hear; but all 20+ just took Miss Scarlett over the edge.  I finally suggested to him that I comp his Martini & lunch with the Too Hot Salsa; he leave; and we'll just call it a day.  Because I truly didn't have the strength or a sufficient shotgun to deal with him anymore. 

  It gets better.  (It always does, it seems.)  "This place sucks because you don't like Russians!"  Ok, he's trying to pull the Ethnic card on me.  #1:  There's no "Russia" anymore, right?,  #2:  I thought he was trying to sound Brooklyn, but I couldn't put my finger on it,And #3:  He was an Asshole no matter where he was from.

  Maybe that statement wasn't aimed directly at me.  Maybe he meant that DC as a whole didn't like Russians.  But, didn't that idea go out of style along time ago?

And, then, he called me a bitch.

  I kicked him out because he was an Asshole & it felt good.  To take a stand.  Against Assholes.

______

  On the plus side:  I've gained 13 pounds, my skin looks great (lot's of water), & those sittups seem to be paying off if my stomach is anything to go by.   (I just wanted to add this to balance out all the bad Karma above.)

______

peace 

Comments:
Actually, Scarlett,.....
Russia is alive and well. You may be thinking about the Soviet Union, which doesn't exist anymore.

Aside from that, the guy sounds like the biggest prick in the world.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?