Saturday, April 02, 2005

According to his (her?) email, K does not agree with the fact that I listed Morals separate from Religion in a post a couple days ago. I guess I should clarify. I see them as two separate things. Religion can dictate Morals; but Morals don't necessarily dictate a Religion. Morals are as YOU see them. What may be Morally & Ethically correct to me; may not be the same for someone else. Even in the same Religion. Basically; we all try to end up at the same place. Just so the world keeps spinning. Cause if the world stopped spinning; that would, well, Suck. Am I right?

________________

Call me crazy; but I took an immediate dislike to the woman with the spandex on asking me if I could "Pop in a 'Flock of Seagulls' CD" yesterday. Pardon me while I go "Google" which One Hit they had. OK, I'm back & I didn't recognize any of the listings. I was there; in the 80's. How did I miss this? Someone clue me in, please.

peace

Comments:
You really don't remember the song "I ran"?!?

What about "If I had a Photograph of You"?
or "Space Age Love Song"?

They weren't the most successful band in the world, but most people alive during the eighties have got to remember "I ran", if for no other reason than from the video. The camera did circles around the keyboardist for what seemed like an infinite amount of time, and the lighting was really cheesy and the guys all had bad eighties hair.
 
Yes! Thank you. I do remember "I Ran". And I fucking sprinted away from that song; if memory serves me. It was the Eighties! Who remembers every single thing?
 
""but Morals don't necessarily dictate a Religion. Morals are as YOU see them.""

I agree with you, but the religion and morals argument is what religious people have used as an excuse almost, to "believe".

"Flock of Seaguls" is one of the reasons I started listening to mostly Jazz and Blues.

;->
 
Yeah, I remember them. There was a kid in my grade school that liked him. He got beat pretty bad.

Morals and relgion are separate.
 
The way I can tell them apart is....

I have morals,
I've got no religion.

Plus, one comes free, the other's gonna cost ya big time.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?