Monday, March 07, 2005

To the guy that sent me the e-mail admonishing me for posting a couple of pics of women in various states of undress: It's gratuitous, Babe! You're supposed to be thanking me! He also says that I am undermining my site by posting pics like that. That it goes against the "message" I'm trying to send. WHAT? Excuse me; but do I come across as someone that has an AGENDA?

Sorry. I don't even know why I give a second thought to stupid emails like that. Actually; I think it's the same guy that was giving me a hard time last summer about using the word "fuck". I thought he was gone.

_________________

Hope ya'll have a wonderful day! Tonight is the fundraiser for my friend, Stephanie. She blew her knee out skiing a month ago & had to have surgery. She's a bartender & a massage therapist; so she can't work for awhile. Her insurance isn't going to cover all the physical therapy she's going to need.

In addition to the Joe Chiocca Band; our friend, Shawn Westfall, will be performing. He teaches Improv at the DC Improv. The title of tonights show is, "Point and Laugh at Stephanie". I'm thinking it's going to be a pretty "throw-down" evening. Anytime you put roughly 100 bartenders in a room together; there's bound to be a laugh or 1,000.

__________________

If you're in the area & are free tonight; check us out at the "Evening Star" on Mt. Vernon Ave. in Del Ray between 7:30-11:00. After-party at Portner's in Old Town. It's a good cause.

peace

Comments:
So people are upset about your fucking nude pictures, and the fact that you have used the noun, verb, adverb, adjective, pronoun etc...Fuck. Well I just don't fucking believe it was a guy. I have those pictures as screen savers now.

I wish your friend Stephanie the best, and is it true that bartenders party best? I have a few friends who are bartenders and they do know how to party.
 
I don't think I've ever quite understood the compulusion to admonish someone else for how they run their blog. WTF? If they don't like the pics, the language, or whatever....just don't come back!

I don't like every blog I read. Those I don't...well, they just don't see me again.

Good post! I've been to D.C. five times and want to go back again.
 
told ya they'd come.....blog it and they will come.

Funny, it was the smoking hot chick pic that made me decide to stay and brouse around.
 
Sweetie you know how I feel-your blog is great and I love reading what you write. If someone emails you again let me know so I can blast them a new asshole-fucking communists
 
Some people are pretty fuckin' nervy. Your blog: your rules. Why do some feel the need to invade your space and then tell you how to change it. UG!! That pisses me off.

Hope you told him to piss off.
 
Came over from Edge's place...

Re: Gratuitous posting of nude women.

It's only gratuitous if it serves no purpose (other than the inherent prurience), and you served the purpose of humor (with your caption). (I blurted out laughing. Such is my humor.)

Methinks the complainant needs to get a life.

("Methinks" -- that word just drew my own attention to myself. Maybe I should start a blog, methinks.blogspot.com, and I'll use words like "whilst" and "flavour" and "colour" while I'm at it. Jeesh.)

Anyway, am enjoying your blog. Those who don't are kindly requested to fuck off.

lisa (ethernautrix)
 
to sort of echo edge's comment, I found your blog by mistake the day that one of the photos in question was featured (see "I'm just kissing myself"). I found it to be not only slightly arousing, but also artistic and somewhat comical. I guess you could say thatthe picture was the reason that I stuck around long enough to realize that I like your blog.
Keep it up. The good stuff on the blog, and the naked ladies if you so desire.
Damn everyone who is offended.
 
hi! edge is part O da 'fam' round these here blogparts, so if he says go.. we go!
i like your blog muchly, and might suggest ya check out our newest family blog the community justice site (http://justtryus.blogspot.com or click any of these hatemailer warnings ya see) our mission.. is to kick ass and take names on anybody silly or uptight enuff to make stupid comments on good blogs!
 
It's your blog. Post what you want. Fuck everyone else! That's why at least I like to read it.

The pictures are awesome in my opinion for what it's worth.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?