Thursday, March 31, 2005

It's a sad State of Affairs......

that the poor woman has finally passed away and the Media Blitz has DOUBLED. I've been saying for days, "You think it's crazy now? Wait until she actually dies! This train wreck is going to go into triple Slo-Mo." And it has. Because we have become a country victim to Media that has to beat that dead horse until there is nothing left but bone-ash. This "situation" is going to be analyzed 100 times over backwards & forwards Religiously, Politically, Morally; until we're all just crying "Uncle!".

Honestly, if every time someones feeding tube was removed and it was brought to the Media's attention; we would have to have a cable channel dedicated just to that. The FTRN (Feeding Tube Removal Network).

_____________________

The thing that is so incredibly sad to me is that this was a decision that should have been made within the family. The government should have never gotten involved. Because we ARE still a country that was founded based on a separation between Church and State, right? Which lines are crossed when we start depending on our Government to make moral/ethical decisions for us? Should we build a big boat, get on it, and sail back over? Start from scratch?

_____________________

And the Pope. The poor Pope. This man should have been allowed to lie down & take a break two months ago. But, because of some arcane protocol set in stone 2 thousand years ago, he must perform his duties until his heart just stops. I truly believe that people have been leading him around these last couple months seating him where he should be sat; standing him where he should stand; telling him what to say even when he doesn't comprehend any of it. All for the sake of religious protocol. It sickens me every time I see this man of such prestige reduced to a grainy video-clip of him trying to speak, & when he can't, making a feeble attempt at making the sign of the cross. And I'm not even Catholic. I blame the Church & the Media for giving us this image of someone that SHOULD be remembered as being a strong person; a person that was such an asset to his religion; he was given the highest honor. Doesn't he deserve to go in peace with as much dignity as possible?

_____________________


There are certain things I don't discuss at work. Religion, Politics, and Abortion are the main three. I find that I don't make money 50% of the time if I discuss my thoughts on any of them. But, I DO have thoughts on these issues. And, like anyone else, I like to voice them every now and then. Since I can't do it at work, ya'll are the lucky ones that get to hear me bitch when I get a bug up my ass! Fortunately, it doesn't happen that often. Cause I'm thinking alot of people would stop coming here if I became that-girl-that-bitches-all-the-time.

____________________

I'll get back on track in a couple days.


peace

Comments:
couldn't agree with you more on the media and its role. Jon Stewart has an absolutely hysterical excoriation of the news channels for their Schivo coverage on the Daily Show web page..definately worth checking out!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?