Friday, March 25, 2005

I lost my ability to speak for 10 seconds today.

Ya know how you remember when certain things happened in your life based on WHEN they happened time-wise around some milestone in your life? For example, "Yes, I remember that. Because I had just broken up with Mr. X that Tuesday; & I remember being too bummed to attend Taylor's engagement party the following Sunday." And you could be remembering things that happened months prior & months after the day you broke up with Mr. X; and you could always get the dates right within a couple days. Because the day you broke up with Mr. X will forever more be a "Milestone"; a "Pivot Day", if you will. You follow me?

So, for at least the next few months; if someone says to me; "Remember when Texas Tech (the team I drew for the pool) lost to W. Virginia in the NCAA Tournament?" I will say, "Yes! It was 3 days before that guy was such an asshole to me." Or, "Remember when you had Blood Poisoning that one time?". "Yes! It was about three weeks before that guy was an asshole to me!". You get what I'm saying.

I had a customer today yell "Fuck You!" to me and walk out. There's a whole story that goes along with that; but it's too boring & stupid to even relate to anyone. Not that I won't. I just can't right now. Because I still can't believe the meltdown. In either case; I was left standing there uttering things like, "uh,er,ehh,uh,hmm,ahh." It was surreal; to say the least. I was completely speechless. I can't remember when I was last COMPLETELY speechless. There was nothing in the situation that warranted his reaction. That's why I was so blown away. I don't mean to be a tease. I'll write about it tomorrow. After I've tried to analyze the situation in a reasonable manner which can't be done because the guy was a DICK!!!

___________

Dear Grand Marnier: Please help me think calming thoughts. Thank you.

___________

peace

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?