Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Breaking News

Have you noticed that there are usually no less than two "Breaking News" stories every morning? I can't be the only one noticing. Granted; I set up 19 TV's every morning all on different cable stations. Including Headline, CNN, MSNBC, & Fox News. I can't decide if this really is the end of the world as we know it or there's just too much fucking media. I long for the days when you would see the words "Breaking News" & everyone would stop & be glued to the TV because it hardly ever happened. So, it must be important. Now everything is "Breaking News". Someone please explain to me why Fox had Michael Jackson showing up to court under this category. Isn't he scheduled to be there every day? Are we to be surprised every day? Yeah, I know he was really late that one time. But, don't you think the words should be reserved for things that actually matter? And as far as he's concerned; I say give him a life sentence just for being such a freak.

And I really don't think I can handle one more "Breaking News" story pertaining to Terri Schiavo. All appeals have been exhausted; everyone has said everything that can possibly be said. Let her die already. The only thing that would be "Breaking News" to me about her; is if she suddenly sat up & started speaking in Tongues. THAT I want to know about at this point.

I guess my point is that I think "Breaking News" doesn't really hold any water anymore. A celebrity showing up to court on time vs. an 8.7 earthquake? A 10-foot alligator found in Florida (shocker!) vs. an Amber Alert?

____________________

The Emergency Broadcasting System is another thing that seems to have lost it's focus. "This is a test of the Emergency Broadcasting System. If this were an actual emergency, you would be told blah, blah, blah, blah, & blah." I was 26 years old before I heard it broadcast an actual emergency. It was a hurricane a hundred miles off-shore from where I was. That was 15 years ago. I've heard it twice in the last six months broadcasting the WEATHER. Just basic weather. "Expect up to One inch of rain with possible winds up to 10mph. Persons in lower areas may expect some flooding." Are you KIDDING me? I'm exaggerating on the low end; but, you know what I mean.

____________________

Personally, I watch Headline every morning before I go to work (& set up all the TV's). I like my news in nutshells. Just give me the basics. If I need to know more; I'll look it up.

____________________

Sorry for the rant. I'm striking out because it's still illegal to run over someone that's hurt your feelings in a really bad way, right? I have to put my anger somewhere valid.

____________________

peace (and I DO mean that)

Comments:
""I'm striking out because it's still illegal to run over someone that's hurt your feelings in a really bad way, right?""

Hey, a jury might go easy on ya.

;->

Everything seems to have become a traumatic affair, causing the government to make more laws, eroding our civil liberties.
 
Let me squash em like a bug for ya and then it can be breaking news. Film at 11.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?