Sunday, February 20, 2005

Shredded

That's how I feel today. I thought it was allergies; but it's a good 'ole fashioned cold. I bought some Tylenol cold capsules yesterday that promised a "burst of coolness" after you take it. I didn't buy it for that. It was just the only cold medicine in the little store I was in. And, yep, you get a fleeting sensation of coolness in the back of your throat after you take it. It didn't cure me or even make me feel a better. What's the point of it? The pills themselves made me sleep for hours. That's all I needed.

_______________

Attention Would-Be Robbers: Don't walk up to the glass front door, knock, and then be surprised that they won't let you in. I know it's a crazy thought; but maybe those ski masks you were wearing tipped them off to what you were up to.

This actually happened. A friend of mine was closing up his bar in a restaurant couple of weeks ago & heard a knock on the (locked) door. He looked up & there were 3 people motioning for him to open the door. Two were wearing ski masks. Three other places in the area had already been robbed that w'end. Criminals are either getting more brazen or more stupid.

________________

Waiting for a return text message is the new waiting for the phone to ring. I'm putting my cell phone in the other room. I can't stand the suspense anymore. No, that won't work. Now I have to get up & go into the other room every 5 minutes to look at my phone. And on the subject of cell phones; my friend, Derek, told me of a mutual friend that just spent 600$ on one. I asked, "For God's Sake! WHY???" "Well, it takes pictures, video, & when someone calls; their picture shows up!" I guess that's cool for someone that can't read. But this guy reads in 2 different languages. I must really be out of the loop. I didn't know there was a 600$ cell phone out there to be had. Personally, I would have gotten the 200$ one & taken one of those 3-day cruises to the Bahamas with the rest of the money. Sounds crazy; I know. It's the cold medicine talking.

________________

I was made very happy Friday when a friend of mine that I used to work with came in to see me. I haven't seen him since November; so it was great to catch up. He is a wonderful person & a very talented stage actor here in the DC area. I could listen to him talk for hours. Hey You! You know who you are! Write something for me? :)

_________________

Okay. I have to sleep some more.


peace

Comments:
What a minute. You are saying that "masked" men knocked on the glass actually thinking the owner would let them in? Now that is too funny, sounds like an urban legend.

How much for a cell phone? O could do a lot of other things with that kind of money. Of course I do have a dislike for cell phones. Went look at some old house and plantations this weekend, so I turned my phone off. Ha!

It is great to see old friends again isn't it. A good warm and fuzzy feeling I bet you had that made you really glad.

A watvhed text messanger never gets a message. Get ready to do something very important and you will get the message. Serious it works, that is murphy's law.
Blue
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?