Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Part II......

...Turns out that the manager has the power to decide what is & isn't valid to prove who you are. She decided that my expired license COULD be used as a form of ID. To them. And just for that day. Yeah, I had to suck up by feigning interest in her back problems; but I got what I wanted. After all was said & done with THAT; I still had to take, not only the written, but the driving test as well. And I just did all that 7 years ago when I moved back to the states. I quess they think that if you're stupid enough to let your license expire; you're just plain stupid. You've forgotten that red means stop & green means go. And whereas you use to drive within the lines; now you're just driving all willy-nilly with no regard to ANYTHING. So I took the written which, of course, is not written at all. It's on a computer. Multiple choice. I ace the signs and then move on to "General Knowledge". According to that part, I "generally" know how to drive; but I'm a little hazy on how fast you can drive in front of a school. This is where the question of whether or not video games teach children good hand-eye coordination comes into play. Let's hope so. So that they can quickly hold their hands in front of their faces in a defensive manner right before I hit them.

I only miss a couple questions, so I move onto the driving part. Mr. Test Man gives me the whole run-down. I'm to turn left when he says left; right when he says right; and just go straight if he says nothing. And he will be taking notes; but I'm not to pay attention to anything he is writing. He basically just leads me around the block without writing anything. Tells me to park & wishes me a nice day. I say, "Don't you want to see me parallel park? 3-point turn?" to which he says, "Not really." This man is bored. So, I go back into the DVM and go on to have the BEST freakin' picture taken of me ever. Seriously. We all know the cliche. How DL pictures always suck. I am here to tell you that I am the exception to the rule. And that sucks within itself; because I have never had a good picture taken of me EVER. I'm basically a cute girl (you wouldn't run away screaming) but I just don't photograph well. It's the main reason I haven't hit the internet dating scene. I've had no decent picture to post. Would it be weird if I posted my DL pic?

So there it all is in the biggest nutshell ever. I am legal now. I was able to make my trip home. And I'll post about that later cause lot's of cool stuff happened there. Mainly getting to see Mom, Dad, & Paige. And I got to meet my future brother-in-law, John. I was very impressed. Besides being personable, cute, and smart; he obviously adores Paige. That was key for me.

_________________


Well, it's almost Valentine's Day; Again. I think back to last year. I was casually seeing a couple, three people. Nothing serious. (Do I need to explain further by saying none of them had seen me naked?) Didn't think so. Anyway, I got some flowers; cards. It was nice. Kinda in the way a $1.00 Off coupon from CVS is nice. And then I met the man that gave me the most emotionally driven year I've ever experienced with anyone; and now it's Valentine's Day; Again. And that particular man is hardly in sight. But, I will be recognized by the most important man in my life. My Dad never fails to send me a card for Valentine's. Just to let me know he's thinking of me. How cool is that?

_________________

I saw a girl today with the corner of her EYELID pierced. I mean; how does it not drive you crazy when you blink? I don't get it. If you can one-up me; please do. I'd love to hear about it. Some people are Just Fucking Crazy.

peace

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?