Saturday, February 12, 2005

I'm a figment of your imagination.

I tried to look at my site using Mozilla Firefox & it told me that I don't exist. I existed before. Did they do some Spring cleaning & decide that I wasn't worthy anymore? Oh well. Their loss.

_______________


I finally broke down and watched "Open Water" today. I had decided when it came out that I didn't want to see it because it's based on something that actually happened. Being a diver myself; I just didn't want it in my head. I was on a dive with a friend several years ago while living in St. Croix & we were being followed by a barracuda. Barracuda are very curious; and if you come across one while diving; they will usually follow you. In a non-threatening way. Now, I had seen alot of barracuda before; but this one was huge. I'm guessing maybe 5 feet. And I'm thinking the record is something like 7. Anyway, we were about 60' down swimming over some sand flats with the fish swimming along with us about 10' to my right. My buddy was swimming on my left. I had kind of been tracking the fish while looking at other things & all of a sudden he was gone. I started to look around to the right behind me & felt something large bump me from underneath. For about 3 seconds, I FREAKED THE FUCK OUT. I thought it was the barracuda. It was my dive partner that was so engrossed in looking at something, he had drifted below me and bumped me. But for a few seconds, I felt complete terror. And I'm not easily frightened. With that said; I can't even imagine the terror this couple felt being left in the middle of the ocean surrounded & being bumped by sharks. Of course, we can only speculate how everything played out since they are the only ones that can know. But given the area (off-coast Australia), it's probably a pretty good depiction. Lot's of big sharks there.

All-in-all, I thought it was a great movie. In the concept of exploring the human condition & the phases you go through when you resolve yourself to the fact that you're going to die. I had to pop in my "CaddyShack" DVD right after just to mentally balance myself.

____________________

So, I'm almost half-way through my weekend that I've dedicated to ME. I made no plans 'cause I just want to decompress. I'm going to watch TV, play video games, and surf the net. And I may write something more later. Or I may not.

____________________

peace

Comments:
murphy is on top of me.
i like that a lot.

ps/ sexless for 40 days?
i once went dry for successive years in a row.

i almost went crazy :mad grin:
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?