Monday, February 21, 2005

Hunter S. Thompson



1937-2005

You either loved him or you hated him. There was no grey area when it came to HST. I, personally, thought he was brilliant. That is why I was saddened (shocked,baffled) to learn of his suicide this morning. I've been thinking about it all day.

My final thought: Someone has a lock-box containing a manuscript of his with strict instructions that it only be opened upon his death. I think a greater shock is yet to come. In pure HST fashion.

_________________

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -- A slogan of Thompson's

_________________

RIP

Comments:
A friend of mine and I were talking about him. We are both fans of Thompson and caught complete by surprise with his suicide. I was wondering if, perhaps, he found out that he had some terminal disease or something like that, I am waiting to hear the bombshell.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?