Saturday, January 15, 2005

What WAS that, anyway?

So, I did my MAJOR kitchen cleaning today that I force myself to do every few months. Not just the basic wiping of the surfaces you do every few days so that things appear clean. I'm pulling dishes out of the cabinets to replace shelf paper, wiping down the walls, dusting the cookbooks (that never get used. I just think they look nice. And give the impression to anyone that see's them that I must be a fabulous cook. When the truth is; if it were up to me to provide nourishment to everyone; the population would be alot smaller. Since everyone would starve to death). While I'm cleaning out the fridge (I've pulled out the food, shelves, everything) I find this brown stuff on the back wall. It looks like something spilled on the top shelf & dripped all the way to the bottom. It's like caramel. And I've never had any of that in my fridge. Or anything like it. Very bizarre. Anyway, the coup de grace was my throwing out a jar of spicy mustard that an ex-boyfriend had bought in 1999. I haven't used it since. Yeah, it was bittersweet; but some things you just have to let go of.

And I noticed (while cleaning out my "glasses" cabinet) that I have alot of freakin' glasses. Wine & shot glasses specifically. I can only aspire to have such a successful party (or the room, for that matter) that would require this many wine glasses. And I'm not a shot-glass collector. I just seem to "acquire" them. From distributors, friends. Let's just say that 40+ people could do a shot to something in my house at any given moment. BYOB, people.

__________________

In a conversation with Rhino last night, we got on the subject of James Bond. In the context of who has played him. Out of curiosity, I asked Jeeves. Do any of you remember George Lazenby in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"? I don't know who Lazenby is at all. And based on that, I regretfully step down as a Bond know-it-all.

___________________

Ya'll have a great weekend. Hopefully tomorrow I can bore you with a story about cleaning my room. Maybe I'll find those 3 CD cases I'm missing. Don't people usually lose the actual CD's? And still have the cases?


peace


*To my friend, J: Just take a deep breath, darlin'. Everything will be OK.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?