Sunday, January 23, 2005

Smart Dude

This is me as far as current events are concerned. I have read so many periodicals today; I am just oozing knowledge. And since I won't have that kind of time again for a while, I plan on feeling stupid again by Tuesday.

__________________

On "Elevator Etiquette": I have some. I say Hello to everyone when I get on. I wish them a nice day when I/they get off (wow. I just got an idea for a whole other post). Anyway, I find myself genuinely surprised when someone doesn't respond to me in kind. And it happens alot. I wish someone a nice day when they're getting off on the X floor & 10% of the time, they just keep walkin' without saying anything. Now, I know that it's universally accepted that we all must be quiet on the actual elevator ride; but I never thought "Hi" & "Have a nice day" fell into that category with some people. Fuck 'em. They're on my list of people that will just go thirsty if they ever sit at my bar.

This is the first time in my life that I've lived in a high-rise building. And I've never worked in a high-rise. Pretty much; my life has operated low to the ground. With that in mind, I still find it funny (even after having lived here almost 4 years) that there is no 13th floor according to the elevator. And I feel sorry for the people that live on the "14th" floor. Because you can call it freakin' Heaven; but it's still the 13th floor. Just go outside, look at the building, and count up. YOU LIVE ON THE 13th FLOOR! Just because the elevator button says "14"; that doesn't mean that your destiny isn't what it is.

_________________

If you're living in one of the areas getting all the snow right now; Be Safe. If you're not; can I crash for a few days?

peace

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?