Friday, December 24, 2004

Why does Blogger dislike me so much?

I've been very nice to it; I think. As nice as you can be to something that isn't tangible. I've lost 3 posts so far. Posts that showed up for a couple days & then just disappeared. It quit counting my posts as well. And it's making me sign in every time recently even though I check the box that is supposed to sign me in automatically. I feel like I'm in some sort of fucked up relationship where the guy is being mean to me for no reason. I just have my hands in the air saying, "Just tell me what I did! I'll make it right!". I know, I know. I have bigger problems. Like....

-----------------------

I'm not going to be with my family this year for the holidays. Having just started a new job; I'm low man on the totem pole & everyone else at work already had their holiday plans. I decided not to fly home because I would pretty much just be there for 48 hours. I decided to wait a couple of months when I can schedule at least a week off & go home then. This has happened a few times before. When I lived in St. Croix; the islands' Carnival was the 2 weeks over Christmas. (Most of the islands in the Caribbean have a Carnival all falling at different times of the year. St. Croix's just happens to be over Christmas ending on Three Kings Day.) The resort I worked at was so busy; I couldn't take any time off. My first year there was pretty brutal as it was the first Xmas I hadn't been home. Very weird. It was 92 degrees. I worked that day then went diving with some friends at dusk. We bagged a bunch of lobsters & had grilled lobster tails for Xmas dinner. VERY different for this southern girl. I didn't make it home for 3 Xmas' in a row. I think this is my 2nd not to make it home in 7 years. And even though I've always had very logical & rational reasons (mostly time-frames) each time I get really freaked out starting on about December 23rd. I start thinking, "Oh My God! I'm not going to be with my family for Xmas!" Given the areas (St. Croix & DC) there are ALOT of people I know in the same boat I spend time with affectionately dubbed "Orphan Dinners". And in as much as I love my friends & enjoy spending the holiday with them; it's just not the same as spending it with the people that have seen me at my absolute worse & still love me.

****Mom, Dad, Paige, Aunt Dale, & Uncle Bill: I'm going to miss you all terribly tomorrow! I love you all very much! Merry Christmas!****

---------------------

Happy Holidays to all of you! May the New Year bring you nothing but Happiness!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?