Monday, December 06, 2004

Some things just shouldn't be faked.

Smiles, sincerity, orgasms, Christmas trees; just to name a few. I have my first artificial Christmas tree this year. And I'd like to mention that I purchased it under duress. I HAVE to have a tree. Just have to. The high-rise I live in has decided it is going to protect us tenents from ourselves by issuing a "No Live Tree" policy. This would make some sense if someone in the building had had some crazy Xmas tree tragedy in the past; but that hasn't happened. I called the business office about it and was told they were taking "preventative measures". Well, ya know, it starts with the small stuff. Pretty soon, those timers at crosswalks are going to have a 5 minute padding just in case we all get too stupid to understand when it says "0" and the big red hand is up; we don't know to stop walking. Which will lead to every little cow-dung town east & west of the Mississippi getting first hand knowledge of gridlock.

But, OK. I'll conform. AGAIN. I bought a 7 foot "Slim" (when did that become a category?) tree from Target that has the lights already on it. I'm not even going to decorate it. Cause I have to admit it's been fun moving all the "branches" around to make it look like people I know. And, no; I don't have that much time on my hands. I'm just really fast when I put my mind to something.

----------------

New job is going great. In as much as I'm kinda bitter that my customers now are giving me no "bitch-about" material; it's great to know that everyone is going to be nice everyday. And I do know it's only a matter of time. Utopia is a fucking fantasy. SOMEONE, SOMEDAY is bound to piss me off. Knowing something of reality tells me this. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop at this point. But what if, God Forbid, noone ever pisses me off at work again? What will I write about?

----------------

I'm probably the only person that hasn't checked out Craigslist before; but I have now. And it's freakin' hysterical! The Casual Encounters section, anyway. If I were a slut, I'd be too busy to have a job.

-----------------

Johnny, I'm 10-3. Still second in the league. I'm feeling pretty bold with this distinction this far into the game. I'd be flexing my penis if I had one.

peace

Comments:
If you haven't wasted hours yet checking out the "Best Of" section on Craigslist, go read it, right now:
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/

this post, on driving in DC, might especially amuse you:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/wdc/49455908.html
 
I lost

second place 9-4

sniff
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?