Saturday, December 25, 2004

OK....yeah, I'm a Slacker.

A better word, I guess, would be Procrastinator. Although both words give the impression that I just don't have my act together. Which I do, by the way. I actually don't think my level of procrastination is any different than your average person. My procrastination seems to fall into two categories: "Things That I Really Want To Address; But Want to Wait Until I Have More Time To Give Them The Attention They Deserve" and "Things I Just Don't Want To Do; But Know I Will Have To Do Eventually". Things like returning phone calls, emails, etc. fall into the first category. Things like paying parking tickets on time fall into the second. I know my father loves me; but I think that this is the particular trait of mine that drives him nuts. I'll even go out on a limb & say that it's the only one. Am I right, Cecil? :)

Anyway, Erin over at The Sugar Lick (formerly Cramped Hand) changed locations a couple of months ago. I'm a Slacker. And in a Category #1 way; I just now got her new site listed. You all must get over there straight away. Besides her incredible writing style; she is freakin' funny! Cramped Hand was one of the first links I listed here when I started 'cause she cracked me up so much & I wanted to share.

-------------------

So; Xmas without my family. I love my friend Carl for answering my phone call this morning to go to breakfast even though he was up 'til 6am. I had other obligations for the latter part of the day (that I didn't follow through with). I just really wanted to be with someone that is a dearly-loved friend. And even though he nixed my idea of playing Xbox all day; I still love him. My sister hosted dinner for our family in SC. I called a few hours ago & got to talk to everyone. By the way, Paige, everyone was blown away by the spread you put out! I wouldn't expect anything less. You rock, sweetie! I wish I could have been there. I missed you all terribly today. But just think how much trouble we can get into when I come home in February! Wow, I don't even know what that may mean. We're middle-aged and responsible. What kind of trouble could we get into? Plucking shrooms from the farm by the high school after a hard rain just doesn't sound like fun anymore! And we're not at the Canasta stage yet. Hmmmmmmm....

---------------------

Happy Holidays, again. I'm thinking I'll get my bitchy edge back after January 1. Unless someone fucks with me before then.

peace

Comments:
Hi Slacker........
Item #1 You're right---your disregard of traffic laws does drive me to distraction.
Item #2 Paige did whip up a dinner that would rival your Grand-Mother's.
Item #3 We all missed you and love you very much.
We'll be looking forward to seeing you back in S. C. where you belong.
I love you........
Cecil ( Dad )
 
We missed you too, Honey! It was our typical family Christmas....everyone arrived late (Paige remembered, and was prepared for that), Aunt Dale was wearing her Christmas shoes (despite having blistered feet from trudging about Austria for the previous two weeks), and your Dad had too much wine. He'll deny that, but why else would he decide to take me on a tour of the Vista on the way home shortly before midnight? :) We barely made it home before the sleet started. And, that was another story...people here aren't good drivers in the best of weather conditions, but factor in some frozen percipitation, and it becomes bumper-car Heaven. Don't even ask the local airport what de-icing equipment is....they don't know, LOL...so many visitors found themselves staying with us longer than they had expected to. Your sister was definitely a trouper....the dinner was wonderful, and she dealt really well with the cold weather after her four-year exile in South Florida. Next year maybe we can finally get everyone home at the same time, have normal SC weather, and hide the wine from Dad......I've seen the Vista lights. :) Love you! Mom
 
Since when do you not have a edge? Have a great New Years. xoxoxo's
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?