Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Enlightenment

Do you ever catch yourself doing something that you deem "odd" at that exact moment only to realize you've been doing it forever? I had a revelation like that tonight that made me sit and think about how many other odd things I may do. I'm driving home from work tonight. I'm singing to Barenaked Ladies really loud & all of a sudden my gas light comes on. I immediately feel my stomach clench & I start driving as fast as I can to the nearest gas station. I mean; I'm tailgating, darting in and out, pretty much a menace on the road. For some reason it hits me that my thought is: the faster I drive; the less likely I am to run out of gas. How insane is that? And it occured to me that I do that EVERY TIME. It doesn't happen very often because I usually gas up every Monday whether I need it or not. But when it does; I'm a freaking maniac. And I don't even know why. In my rational mind; I know that I probably have a good couple of gallons left. But it's the LIGHT that freaks me out. It may as well be a little gnome sitting on my dashboard screaming, "You need to get gas, you stupid bitch!". The light makes me think that I only have a half-block worth of gas left, and if I drive really fast; I can just hydro-plane into the gas station once it's gone.

Well, I see it for what it really is. Something major is missing in my life. I think Freud would agree with me. The correlation between the times my gas light actually goes on, & well....it all makes sense now.

-----------------

(Thanks Rhino for prompting me to count.) I'm pissed at Blogger for saying that I only have 92 posts. When this is actually my 104th. I thought that they were supposed to be keeping up with that for me. I would have said something really fabulous on my 100th post. Even if nothing fabulous had happened to me; I would have made something up. Just for the occasion; of course.



peace


Comments:
i dont rush to the gas station, but i do wonder how many things i do that other people wouldthink 'odd'.
 
The ironic thing is that its the acceleration that consumes the most gas. ie, it takes less gas to stay at 65 mph if you go 65 mph all the time, but it takes the most gas to go from 0 to 65.

So punch that gnome in the mouth and dont let him steal your underpants.

And what does the light mean? You are in a man lovin mood? ooh la la
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?