Saturday, November 06, 2004

It's official.......

I handed in my notice today. I can't even describe what a wonderful f'ing feeling it was! Just to backtrack a little; I've been very unhappy at my job for the last 3 months or so. The big boss that took over after the death of our GM doesn't like me for whatever reason & has been making my life hell. She tried to find reasons to fire me and when she couldn't; she changed things around so that it ended up I'm splitting tips with another bartender on the w'ends which pretty much takes my rent out of my pocket every month.

I put the word out that I was looking & was very flattered with the response I got. I had halfway committed to a new restaurant that didn't have an official opening date & this opportunity just fell into my lap. It's at a restaurant that my ex-boyfriend bartended at the first year 1/2 after we moved back to the states. I know pretty much everyone that works/goes there; so I think it will be a smooth transition. The woman that is the GM there now is someone I met when I first moved here & we've been friends since then. She called me up a couple of weeks ago with the offer; and after finding out I could take my certs on the w'ends; I accepted. It's very hard leaving somewhere you've worked for almost 7 years; but I am SO excited about the new job! I've known Linda (GM at the new job) for 8 years & think she is an incredible woman. I know it's going to be awesome working for her & with all the other people there.

And the schedule is a bartender's dream. 10am - 6pm Monday - Friday @ GREAT money. Evenings & weekends free w/ GREAT money? And I say that from the point of view of a bartender that's been doing the night thing for ALOT of years & has outgrown the party-every-night-after-work thing. And I'm going to be making more money. KEY. That hardly ever happens in the bartending world that you would find a place you can make more during the day than at night.

So, if you're in the Arlington/Alexandria/DC area & want to come visit me; email me & I'll tell you where I can be found. The reason I'm not stating the name of the restaurant here is that I don't want this blog to show up if someone searches it. You understand.

-------------------

And about my heart; it hurts. And probably will for awhile. I'm not going to use this as a forum to give a blow-by-blow everyday of how I'm handling things since Tuesday's episode. I'm using my private journal for that right now because it's still too fresh & I don't want people coming here just to see how "that-poor-little-girl" is coping. As it stands now; he's there (2 hours away) & I'm here. He's going to work on rebuilding a past relationship (which he had started working on when he met me.....I side-tracked him). And that's that. We're talking & trying to find a happy medium where we can remain friends.

Wow.....reading that last paragraph....I wish I FELT that blase'; but it's all I can give right now.

---------------------

Anyway, come see me. And in exchange for your money; I promise to dazzle you with my charm, quick wit, & ability to get you drunk in a timely manner.

peace

Comments:
Isn't what you just wrote part of the movie Cocktails?? lol Congrats on the job kiddo
 
thanks for the grats but you seriously just make me want to bend you over my knee!
 
Promise lol
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?