Wednesday, November 17, 2004

I'm not feelin' the love.....

Background: this is my last week at my job. I was supposed to work Tues.- Thurs. Typically, when a bartender is leaving; the house starts thinking about weather or not the departing bartender is going to give the house away. Meaning; giving free drinks like nobody's business. I've worked there for almost 7 years & am kinda insulted that my integrity would be questioned; but I guess it has been. I walked into work tonight & was told that upper management (2 people) wanted to talk to me & that I was not to clock in. I was then told that it was appreciated that I had put in two weeks notice; but my services would not be needed any longer. Wow. I know that the last guy that left gave away the house; but was surprised that they thought I would do that as well. I made the decision to leave there on a good note when I gave them two weeks. I didn't have to do that. I could have just not showed up one night. Oh well.

I was very flattered that I got 12 phone calls in the space of two hours from people wanting to know what the f was going on 'cause they had come to see me & I wasn't there. No matter...I'm moving on to bigger & better things. I hate that I couldn't have a nice little clean break with the past; but you know what? When I'm back in the "real world" working a "real job", will those two even matter? Not at fucking all.

Well, I had a great pedicure today & have decided I'm just going to marry the man (or at least buy dinner) that can rub my feet like that!! I'm such a sucker for that. Seriously....you can run over my dog and deflate my souffle; but if you can rub my feet....you're golden.

peace



Comments:
i love me some bar belle.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?