Friday, November 05, 2004

As if my week was't bad enough already.....

With the tragedy on Tuesday (and I'm speaking of the election, and; well, maybe that other thing,too) & the 57 1/2 dimwits I dealt with at my bar last night; I wasn't up to any surprises today. I knew I was tempting fate by even getting on the beltway this morning. During rush hour. In the pouring rain. And even if you're in freakin' Fargo, ND; you probably know the DC beltway better than I do. I've been here almost 8 years & still don't know the outer-loop from the inner-loop. I mean; it's questionable that I even knew where I was going. I've been on the beltway maybe 15 times in the last eight years & it still just scares the bejesus out of me. It reminds me of 285 going in/out of Atlanta. Only worse. Everyone is tailgating at 75/80 mph no matter what the weather is. So, I start feeling a little less agitated when the traffic slows to a mere 50. But it gave me time enough to get a good glimpse of a dead (BIG) deer on the shoulder of the far left lane next to that concrete block wall that's supposed to just send your car into the air up & over all the opposing traffic just in case you hit it.

I saw it long enough to note that it didn't look hurt at all. Just looked like it was asleep. And it was all of a sudden just the saddest thing I'd ever seen. Then we're all back up to 75 on an apparent race to hell & I'm just crying my eyes out. Amazing what can set you off even when you're only subconsciously vunerable. I had been listening to Stern talk to that silly bitch that got kicked off "The Apprentice" for; and I don't even know the story; calling someone Jewish? That can't be right, but that's all I could get out of the drivel this chick was talking. If anyone knows what that was all about; I'm kinda curious.

So much for my innocent attempt to get to the nearest Harris Tetter I know of in the area and still be happy about it. I associate Harris Tetter with "back home" for some reason. Back home where we "speed" at 35mph & still feel like we're getting somewhere 'cause we just don't feel the need to experience the G's that it takes to feel like you've accomplished something up here.

And about the beltway thing; do you know that it's a "given" to have at least 3/4 tank of gas before you get on it? Because you never know what will happen that may leave you stranded in traffic for up to 6 hours. I'm recalling a tar-tanker overturn where people were stranded for that long. A tractor-trailer that burst through the railing on an overpass; fell on 6 cars below; & stranded everyone for hours. Omg...the jumper on the WW Bridge that hung everyone up for 5 hours. Back home, we'd just drive through the tar (we know how to get tar off...little bit of vinegar), drive on the grass to get around the tractor-trailer (PEOPLE! Grass grows back!), and we'd just tell the jumper "You-know-you're-a-redneck" jokes 'til he started to cry & agreed to come down (that doesn't take long).

Anyway, I have news on the job front; but can't say too much right now as I haven't put my notice in yet. Chit, have I said too much? And Rhino, I'll just whisper it: "go minn". I really need culpepper to do well this w'end. humor me.

peace



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?